from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The aviation branch of a country's armed forces, such as the U.S. Air Force.
- n. A unit of the U.S. Air Force larger than a division and smaller than a command.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A branch of the military mainly devoted to air warfare, as opposed to (land) army and navy
- n. a unit in the U.S. Air Force larger than a division but smaller than a command
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the airborne branch of a country's armed forces
- n. the airforce of the United States of America; the agency that defends the United States through control and exploitation of air and space
Sorry, no etymologies found.