from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling, containing, or composed of wings or alae.
- adj. Anatomy Concerned with the armpit; axillary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to the armpit; axillary.
- adj. Having, resembling, or composed of wings or alae.
- n. A growth-regulating chemical sprayed on fruit trees; entire crop can be harvested at one time; daminozide.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or having, wings.
- adj. Axillary; in the fork or axil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having alæ or wings.
- In botany, borne in the forks of a stem; axillary; situated in the axils or forks of a plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chemical sprayed on fruit trees to regulate their growth so the entire crop can be harvested at one time
- adj. having or resembling wings
- adj. of or relating to the axil
Latin ālāris, from āla, wing.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin ala ("wing") + -ar (adjectival suffix). (Wiktionary)