from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used other than as an idiom: see alarm, bell.
- n. A sudden awareness of danger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a bell that gives notice on danger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bell used in giving notice of danger, as from the approach of an enemy, from fire, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of an alarm (usually a bell)
Sorry, no etymologies found.