from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. At, on, or to the leeward side.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. On the lee side of a ship; to leeward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. On or toward the lee, or the side away from the wind; the opposite of aweather. The helm of a ship is alee when pressed close to the lee side.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nautical, on or toward the lee side of a ship or boat, that is, the sheltered side, on which the wind does not strike; away from the wind: opposed to aweather (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. on or toward the lee
If you like this look, you should click the thanks everyone! you are welcome to see the complete "alee" collection on my facebook page: D
Now I know I sound obssessive, and maybe I am, but for old guys like me, who really remember, the old GIJoe even the details of the old GIjoe, this movie, just isn't going to do it justice .. rangerspock on Feb 24, 2009 where is the subtitle? alee on Sep 20, 2009
Yes | No | Report from alee wrote 1 year 8 weeks ago people get peppered all the time, no big deal.
There's your blog, of course, and some others, but I've found a funny gendered inclination towards or alee public serialized pontification and free-ranging authority.
August 14, 2008 at 6:25 am et leest u nawt dum alee-un :p
October 1, 2008 at 12:43 am sailor kitteh says hard sara alee!
The organization brought out a monthly paper alee 'Jamhoori Hakk'.
These were doing their best to fly, but failing of that luck, put helm alee, and shivered in the wind, and made fine speeches, proving that they must win the day.
The shouts and shrieks and smart-alee comments of the first rush of embarrassed excitement had died down, and now only murmurs and whispers could be heard.
When the crew replies “Ready,” the helmsman turns the tiller, saying, “Hard alee.”
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.