from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A preservative against infectious diseases.
- n. A preservative against the effects of poison.
- adj. Resisting poison, or the effects of venom
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resisting poison; obviating the effects of venom; alexipharmic.
- n. A preservative against contagious and infectious diseases, and the effects of poison in general.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resisting external poison; obviating the effects of venom.
- n. An antidote to poison or infection, especially an external application.
Sorry, no etymologies found.