from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Any of several card games resembling whist and in which points are scored in four ways: for the high trump, the low trump, the jack of trumps, and the game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The four legs of a quadruped.
- n. The four limbs of a primate.
- n. A card game similar to whist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A game at cards, called “High, Low, Jack, and the Game.”
- All four legs of a quadruped; or the two legs and two arms of a person.
- n. See All fours, in the Vocabulary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game of cards played by from two to six persons with hands of six cards each, dealt from a full pack, the top one of the remaining cards being turned as the trump, and the cards ranking as in whist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. card games in which points are won for taking the high or low or jack or game
all + fours (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.