from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See cross-fertilization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fertilization of an ovum from one individual with the spermatozoa of another; cross-fertilization
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fertilization of the pistil of a plant by pollen from another of the same species; cross-fertilization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Cross-fertilization in plants; fecundation of the ovules of one flower by pollen from another of the same species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cross-fertilization in plants
allo- + -gamy (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.