American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The name of a person, usually a historical person, assumed by a writer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name other than the true one; an alias; a pseudonym.
- n. the name of another person taken by an author as a pen name. Compare pseudonym.
- n. a work published under a name that is not that of the author.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The name of another person assumed by the author of a work.
- n. A work published under the name of some one other than the author.
- From French allonyme, allo- + -nym. (Wiktionary)
- French allonyme : Greek allos, other; see allo- + Greek onoma, name; see nŏ̄-men- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘allonym’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Source and definitions: http://phrontistery.info/name.html
My ambition is to build a list with the names for
1. ALL types of word formation
2. the words put together by 1.
using a strict definition: e.g. "antonym", "aptronym" "palindrom...
words on words. yyep.
My Favorite Words
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for allonym.