from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of amoeba.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of amoeba.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion. Same as amoeba.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of microscopic rhizopodous Protozoa, of which A. diffluens, common in all fresh-water ponds and ditches, is the type.
- n. An animal of the genus Amœba.
- n. Any single cell or corpuscle of one of the higher animals; a cell regarded as itself an animal, and an individual of the morphological grade of development of an amœboid organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion
Sorry, no etymologies found.