from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, having, or producing different optical imaging effects along mutually perpendicular radii: an anamorphic lens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. producing various optically distorted images
- adj. of or relating to the gradual evolution of different types of organism
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resulting from anamorphism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to gradual evolution from one type of organism to another
- adj. pertaining to a kind of distorting optical system
ana- + -morph + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)