from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, having, or producing different optical imaging effects along mutually perpendicular radii: an anamorphic lens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. producing various optically distorted images
- adj. of or relating to the gradual evolution of different types of organism
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resulting from anamorphism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to gradual evolution from one type of organism to another
- adj. pertaining to a kind of distorting optical system
Twentieth Century Fox presents the film on Blu-ray in anamorphic widescreen (2.35: 1) and in 5.1 DTS-HD.
Universal presents the film on Blu-ray (no less) in anamorphic widescreen and DTS-HD 5.1 surround.
The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen (1.78: 1) and in 2.0 mono.
The 5-disc set will include all 17 first season episodes of the show in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio.
Funny stuff, and in anamorphic widescreen to boot!
The films got remastered in anamorphic format for the set!
The mind-bending images are inspired by anamorphism, a centuries-old technique used in frescoes and other drawings to create the illusion of height and width (as such, 3D street painting is sometimes called anamorphic or illusionistic).
Summit’s DVD presents the film in anamorphic widescreen (1.78: 1) and in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
The PSP has a much bigger screen, in anamorphic format btw, that I’m sure is sharper than Apple’s.
Vertigo wasn’t available in anamorphic video until this set …
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.