from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to, or composed of an anapest.
- adj. of, or relating to, one of the distinct beats in a (human?) heartbeat pattern.
- adj. of, or relating to, a rhythmic pattern used in certain forms of poetry (see also limeric or limerick).
- adj. of, or relating to, certain beats in specific types of drum rhythms, e.g. specific beats within the part played by the "surdo" drum. Surdo literally means "deaf" in Brasilian Portuguese, and the surdo drums play the bass parts in a samba rhythm as performed by a batucada (drumming ensemble) during the Carnaval celebration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to an anapest; consisting of an anapests.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of an anapest; consisting of anapests.
- n. The anapestic measure; an anapestic verse. The following is an example of anapestics:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a metric foot) characterized by two short syllables followed by a long one
Sorry, no etymologies found.