from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To announce; proclaim: "They do not so properly affirm, as annunciate it” ( Charles Lamb).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to inform that some future event will happen
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To announce.
- Foretold; preannounced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring tidings of; announce.
- Announced; declared (beforehand).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. foreshadow or presage
Latin annūntiāre, annūntiāt-; see announce.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)