from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small buffalo (Bubalus or Anoa depressicornis) of Celebes and the Philippines, having short pointed horns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small Indonesian water buffalo, similar in appearance to a deer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small wild ox of Celebes (Anoa depressicornis), allied to the buffalo, but having long nearly straight horns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [NL.] A genus of bovine ruminant quadrupeds of Celebes, originally taken for antelopes (see anoine), represented by the sapi-outan or “cow of the woods,” Anoa depressicornis, which is a kind of small wild buffalo, having straight low horns, thick at the base and set in line with the forehead.
- n. [lowercase] The English name of the same animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns
Native word in Sulawesi.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)