from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To ascribe human characteristics to.
- intransitive v. To ascribe human characteristics to things not human.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To endow with human qualities.
- v. To attribute human characteristics to something that is non-human.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To attribute a human form or personality to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To invest with human qualities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. ascribe human features to something
Sorry, no etymologies found.