from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where bees and beehives are kept, especially a place where bees are raised for their honey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where bees and their hives are kept.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place where bees are kept; a stand or shed for bees; a beehouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where bees are kept; a stand or shed for bees; a bee-house containing a number of beehives.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shed containing a number of beehives
Latin apiārium, beehive, from apis, bee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
17th Century, from Latin apiārium, from apis ("bee"). (Wiktionary)