American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To perceive (something) while being conscious of perceiving.
- v. To perceive (something) in terms of past experience.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To be conscious of perceiving; comprehend (what is perceived); loosely, to perceive; notice: used specifically of internal perception or self-consciousness. See apperception.
- v. obsolete To perceive.
- v. psychology To be aware of perceiving; to understand a perception by linking it mentally with a mass of existing ideas of the same object.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To perceive; to comprehend.
- v. perceive in terms of a past experience
- From Old French aperceveir, apercevoir, from late Latin *appercipēre, from ad- + percipere. (Wiktionary)
- Back-formation from apperception. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Since to apperceive is to bring the results of earlier experience to bear actively upon the new impression, it must involve a reactive, or attentive, state of consciousness; for, as noted in our study of the learning process, it is only by selecting elements out of former experience that the new impression is given definite meaning in consciousness.”
“April 15th, 2010 at 10: 01 am nfl jerseys china says: those added data you wish to apperceive about the goods, you can email to the sites thatabsolutely want.”
“For those added data you wish to apperceive about the goods, you can email to the sites that will aswell analysis their ch”
“Abacus handmade CZ jewelry accessories to your accouterments will let anybody apperceive you accept a absolute faculty of fashion.”
“It is, rather than argument, an invitation to see the universal moral impulse beneath the satire, and to demonstrate it by a reductio ad absurdum — an invitation to apperceive the universal value.”
“Lockhart DOESrock! and Has anyone apprehend the admirer account bye. lockhart? doesanyone apperceive if it's 1st person, 3rd person, all-seeing or 3rd being omniscient.”
“There are abounding added types of cars besides the ones that you may apperceive of.”
“Alone again would you appear to apperceive whether the allotment you appetite is accessible or not.”
“If you are agog on affairs some acclimated auto genitalia for your car, again you charge apperceive its archetypal year.”
“You may not apperceive this, but you should apperceive about how adamantine it's activity to be to get these kinds of auto genitalia in the continued run.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘apperceive’.
For those who wish no words were ever forgotten
Esoteric words for me
Looking for tweets for apperceive.