from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A species of coffee, Coffea arabica, originating in Ethiopia and widely cultivated for its high-quality, commercially valuable seeds.
- n. The beanlike seed of this plant.
- n. The coffee brewed from the seed of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a species of coffee plant, Coffea arabica, from Ethiopia
- n. the bean of this plant
- n. coffee made from these coffee beans
New Latin (Coffea) arabica, species name, from Latin, feminine of Arabicus, from Arabia, from Greek Arabikos, from Araps, Arab-, an Arab; see Arab.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)