from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A branching, treelike shape or arrangement, as that of the dendrite of a nerve cell.
- n. The formation of a treelike shape or arrangement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any branching, treelike shape or formation
- n. The formation of such a shape or formation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The appearance or figure of a tree or plant, as in minerals or fossils; a dendrite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A growth or an appearance resembling the figure of a tree or plant, as in certain minerals or fossils.
- n. In pathology, the ramification of capillary vessels or veinlets rendered conspicuous by distention and injection.
Sorry, no etymologies found.