from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fleshy, usually brightly colored cover of a seed, arising from the hilum or funiculus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tissue surrounding the seed in certain fruits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A exterior covering, forming a false coat or appendage to a seed, as the loose, transparent bag inclosing the seed of the white water lily. The mace of the nutmeg is also an aril.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a term variously applied to the accessory coverings or appendages of seeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed
The edible portion is its fleshy seed covering, or aril, which is pale white, sweet, and distinctively floral due to the presence of a number of terpenes rose oxide, linalool, geraniol; Gewürztraminer grapes and wine share many of the same notes.
Gadis rock: Korang pminat aril truskn ler afundi aril smpai titisan credit yng trakhir klau tk nanti aril akan ... aten_zone: aáh lah, agak besar gaklah kasut die tue .. huhuhu .. hopefully die pkai kasut kecik sikit mlm nie ..
Draketime: Most follow a common calendar that marks the start at Ornaothâs slaying of his first dragonâthe wyrm Som-aril-dhar-chrysâas Year 1 Overdrake (OD), [...]
Draketime: Most follow a common calendar that marks the start at Ornaothâs slaying of his first dragonâthe wyrm Som-aril-dhar-chrysâas Year 1 Overdrake (OD), symbolizing the lower racesâ victories over their larger oppressors.
While the verb in the following phrase is a hapax, we may reasonably conclude that in śarle means "it was śaril-ed".
Mace is the ground outer covering aril of the nutmeg seed.
After the aril is eaten, the bats drop the intact seeds under their roosts.
This happens when the fruit is in the tree crown and the seeds are still attached to the inner fruit wall by a cord called a funicle, which, in turn, is surrounded by a fleshy, white outgrow called an aril.
Top each cupcake with a fresh pomegranate aril and dust with gold luster dust.
Pomatcha - Matcha green tea cake, pomegranate cream cheese frosting, topped with a fresh pomegranate aril and gold luster dust
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.