from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
- n. Variant of riyal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The official currencies of Iran, Oman, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia,
- n. An old gold coin of England.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Spanish coin. See real.
- adj. Royal.
- n. A gold coin formerly current in England, of the value of ten shillings sterling in the reign of Henry VI., and of fifteen shillings in the reign of Elizabeth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as real.
- n. Same as real.
- n. See ryal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basic unit of money in Yemen; equal to 100 fils
- n. the basic unit of money in Iran
- n. the basic unit of money in Oman
Persian, from Arabic riyāl, from Spanish real; see real2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Persian ﷼ (riâl). (Wiktionary)