from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Of, involving, or engaged in handicrafts or the decorative arts: an artsy-craftsy camp offering woodworking, basketry, and other activities.
- adj. Informal Self-consciously artistic; arty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related to arts and crafts; crafted or decorated manually by an artisan.
- adj. Crafted in an excessively decorated manner; trivial or affected in design or execution (in comparison to other artistic products).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. pretentiously artistic; cloyingly charming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pretentiously artistic; cloyingly charming
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I was an artsy-craftsy bookworm; I never really knew what to do with dolls anyway other than change their outfits.
In his 1967 oral history Division Street: America, Studs Terkel described Chicago's Old Town neighborhood as an "artsy-craftsy area ... with coffee houses, artists 'studios, antique shops, restaurants, etc."
Some writers think MFA's are artsy-craftsy factories while others see writing school as a ticket out of their day-job routine.
Easton is part of the Know More Media family, and his blog makes a nice business counterpoint to my artsy-craftsy musings. related entries
Following Jeffrey Yamaguchi's outstanding interview, I'd like to offer a few more 52 Projects-approved links for your artsy-craftsy pleasure.
We're artsy-craftsy and photo folks rather than ruins or museum types, though we will hit both when the guidebooks say they are must-sees.
Mick must've covered me with this quilt, an old one made by my sister Patsy in her artsy-craftsy phase.
The scene on it, one of her sister's first artsy-craftsy works, was supposed to be the snowy wharf at Samsqua.
Junior League, artsy-craftsy and has done some pretty good stuff on sustaining the arts here.
Connally, but I think that she has become more of an artsy-craftsy type now.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.