from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The psychological theory that association is the basic principle of all mental activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A theory that association (of experiences etc) is the basis of consciousness and mental activity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine or theory held by associationists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The psychological theory which regards the laws of association as the fundamental laws of mental action and development. See association of ideas, under association.
- n. Same as Fourierism.
- n. Also associationalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (psychology) a theory that association is the basic principle of mental activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.