from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Poison, venom, especially of a venomous animal.
- n. Pus, corrupt or morbid matter from a sore or wound.
- n. Epithelium produced on the tongue.
- n. A scab; a dry sore.
- v. To venom; sting.
- v. To discharge, as a sore; clot; curdle; cake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Poison; venom; corrupt matter from a sore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To place upon or in the earth; cast down to the earth; humble; subdue. Also written atterr.
- n. Poison; venom; pus. Holland.
Marse Fofer July wuz er man, an 'de day wuz name atter him.
Nobody never could live in dat cabin no more atter dat widout ha'nts gittin 'atter' em.
I bin a-runnin 'atter' im, Brer Fox, but he outrun me. '
Rabbit en gittin 'cotch in um deyse'f, en dey wuz allers a-pursooin' atter 'im day in en day out.
Nom-atter, he woz nawt so hungree after hiz kurtozee cawls on elebentee neybors!
September 30, 2008 at 6:27 pm psssssst, janet: i aer guessing frum looking atter foto on ICHC and herz myspace foto & comparing her haircolors dat you too could prolly have the redhair like teh zomg grrl. just sayin…
I think as you get older it ceases to m atter really.
Sumtaims 2 bean goes atter my feetses, wunce he went 4 teh pilloe kehs. depends on thyme ob yier.
Ai feels sew lukkee tew has seeing hims in purrson atta tynee venyoo in Ventura Fee atter sum yeers ago!
Ai gawt sillee an ai fownd a frawg inna wadur bai a hawla lawg an Ai shukded it atter an sed Dat frawgs fur yew!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.