from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who minds, tends, or watches something such as a child, a machine, or cattle; a keeper
- n. A personal bodyguard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who minds, tends, or watches something, as a child, a machine, or cattle.
- n. One to be attended; specif., a pauper child intrusted to the care of a private person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who minds, attends to, or takes care of anything; a caretaker.
- n. One who is minded or taken care of; specifically, a pauper child intrusted by the poorlaw authorities to the care of a private person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone (usually in totalitarian countries) who is assigned to watch over foreign visitors
- n. a person who looks after babies (usually in the person's own home) while the babys' parents are working
From Middle English minder ("one who has a good memory; bears in mind; watches over; a keeper"); equivalent to mind + -er. (Wiktionary)