from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to hearing; auditory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to hearing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose thoughts take the form of mental sounds or of internal discourse rather than of visual or motor images.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or acting through the auditory nerves and tracts; earminded.
- n. One in whose mind auditory images are predominant, or especially distinct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one whose mental imagery is auditory rather than visual or motor
- adj. of or relating to the process of hearing
The reason why more audile phenomena are perceived at night is that the percipient is tolerably still.
An audile is one in whom the sense of hearing is predominant.
A visual might see apparitions more easily, and have more difficulty in automatic writing; and an audile might easily hear voices and write with more difficulty, etc ....
If the communicator is naturally a good visualizer this may help his visual communications, but impede the others; an audile might be better in some instances.
If the experimenter is 'audile,' the marks will first call up a vivid sound image with which a like emotional reaction may be associated.
The _audile_ phenomena were so frequent and so various, that a conspectus of them is given in an appendix.
Each one of the core gameplay mechanics (mentioned above) has the visual and audile flare direct from the Wanted movie.
S the audile vacation and cath ciprofloxacin takedown you starkly the perforce loggerheaded rumble that zsigmondy laconically us.
BBNav comes complete with street level mapping for the UK and Republic of Ireland*, seven digit postcode lookup and a six month free trial of safety camera alerts, featuring visual and audile safety camera alerts for all six UK safety camera types including SPECS and Mobile.
_visual_ type of mind, or the _audile_ type, or the _motor_ type, as if the possession of one kind of imagery necessarily rendered a person short in other types.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.