from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to hearing; auditory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to hearing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose thoughts take the form of mental sounds or of internal discourse rather than of visual or motor images.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One in whose mind auditory images are predominant, or especially distinct.
- Of, pertaining to, or acting through the auditory nerves and tracts; earminded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one whose mental imagery is auditory rather than visual or motor
- adj. of or relating to the process of hearing
From Latin audīre, to hear; see au- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Irregular formation from Latin audire + -ile. (Wiktionary)