Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In auscultation, the character of the sound of the auscultator's own voice when his head is placed against the chest of the patient. When there is a large cavity this sound may be rendered of greater intensity than is normal.
- n. The unusually loud hearing of a person's own voice, breathing or other self-generated sounds.
- n. medicine An auscultatory process which consists of noting the tone of the observer's own voice, while he speaks, holding his head close to the patient's chest.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) An auscultatory process, which consists in noting the tone of the observer's own voice, while he speaks, holding his head close to the patient's chest.
- auto- + Ancient Greek a sound. (Wiktionary)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘autophony’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Terms currently lacking "visuals" on Wordnik.
Terms used in physiology
Looking for tweets for autophony.