from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the nature of values and value judgments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the origin, nature, functions, types, and interrelations of values; value theory.
- n. The particular value theory of a philosopher, school of thought, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the study of values and value judgments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of values and value judgments
Greek axios, worth; see ag- in Indo-European roots + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἄξιος (aksios, "worthy"). (Wiktionary)