from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring singly; not one of a pair, as a vein or muscle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. odd; having no fellow; not one of a pair; single
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Odd; having no fellow; not one of a pair; single.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no fellow; not being one of a pair; single: in anatomy applied to several parts, as muscles, veins, bones, etc., that are apparently single, or have no symmetrical fellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring singly; not one of a pair
a- + -zygous (Wiktionary)