from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yard at the rear of a house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yard to the rear of a house or similar residence.
- n. A person's neighborhood, or an area nearby to a person's usual residence or place of work and where the person is likely to go.
- n. An area nearby to a country or other jurisidiction's legal boundaries, particularly an area in which the country feels it has an interest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the grounds in back of a house
Sorry, no etymologies found.