from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of bark.
- adj. Who or that barks or bark.
- adj. Short for barking mad.
- n. The action of the verb to bark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The uttering of an abrupt explosive cry, as that of a dog.
- n. The process of stripping bark from trees, of removing a ring of bark from a tree so as to kill it, or of scraping dead bark from fruit-trees to promote their growth.
- n. The operation of tanning leather with bark; also, the operation of dyeing fabrics with an infusion of bark.
Sorry, no etymologies found.