from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of temporarily leaving a vehicle or maneuvering a vehicle into a certain location.
- n. Space in which to park vehicles or a vehicle: ample parking behind the building.
- n. Upper Midwest & Western U.S. The grass strip, often planted with shade trees, between a sidewalk and a street. Also called regionally boulevard, boulevard strip, grassplot, neutral ground, parking strip, parkway, terrace, tree belt, tree lawn.
- n. Slang Kissing or caressing in a vehicle stopped in a secluded spot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of park.
- n. The action of the verb to park.
- n. Space in which to park a car or other vehicle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of maneuvering a vehicle into a location where it can be left temporarily.
- n. A space or spaces in which a vehicle can be parked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Parks collectively, or a park-like place; also, a strip of turf, with or without trees, in the middle of a street.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. space in which vehicles can be parked
- n. the act of maneuvering a vehicle into a location where it can be left temporarily
Should we dignify meter maids and meter lads with the term "parking enforcement" when the entire scheme is merely a shakedown?
The practice has gained popularity in car-congested cities within and beyond the United States, and has urged people to take a fresh look at the forgotten park encased in the word parking.
Most convenient: Valet parking, $30/day, on the departure level across from the new American Airlines area at Concourse D. Short-term parking is also $30/day.
And a best thing about Aix, the parking is atrocious except plenty of it on the outskirts (which is good for us bipeds)
To solve this, keep what I call a parking lot list.
Long term parking is not a problem in Guadalajara.
i won't pile on in mentioning that parking is not actually free. i guess what your experience really shows is that they can charge more for parking from the folks who actually use the service, reducing subsidies.
Although your parking is discounted when you validate at a store you are shopping at I don't think a ticket to the cinema buys you free parking, that is one place I go where it is simply more convenient to grab the combi that passes down my street and takes me to that mall. 5 pesos for the combi and there are around 30 combi routes in Morelia with several more large buses that service the city and beyond.
The 3 1/2 - mile segment of the rail line running through Dulles airport would require about two miles of tunneling; new hangars to replace those that would displaced; a short-term parking lot in front of the terminal; and extra roadways.
It also recommended replacing the more than 400 parking spaces at the park-and-ride with a six - to nine-story building, a central plaza, retail operations and about 100 short-term parking spaces for shoppers, among other ideas.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.