from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Room to move around or work freely.
- n. Ample scope: elbowroom to experiment. See Synonyms at room.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sufficient space to have freedom of movement
- n. Sufficient latitude to modify something; latitude or margin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Room to extend the elbows on each side; ample room for motion or action; free scope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Room to extend the elbows; hence, freedom from confinement; ample room for motion or action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. space for movement
Sorry, no etymologies found.