from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To travel around the countryside making political speeches, giving lectures, or presenting theatrical performances.
- intransitive v. To appear at county fairs and carnivals in exhibitions of stunt flying and parachute jumping.
- intransitive v. To travel around an area appearing in exhibition sports events, especially baseball games.
- transitive v. To travel across while barnstorming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To travel around the countryside making political speeches etc
- v. To appear at fairs and carnivals in exhibitions of stunt flying, or sporting events
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To travel from place to place, making brief stops.
- v. To fly an airplane from place to place, usually at small airports, doing flying stunts or flying passengers for sightseeing, for the purpose of earning money.
- v. to tour the country to solicit votes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. appear at county fairs and carnivals as a stunt flier and parachute jumper
- v. tour the country making political speeches, giving lectures, or presenting plays
barn + storm (Wiktionary)