from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A molding that conceals the joint between an interior wall and the floor. Also called mopboard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A panel or molding between the floor and the interior wall of a structure
- n. A similar panel at the base of a piece of furniture or equipment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A board, or other woodwork, carried round the walls of a room and touching the floor, to form a base and protect the plastering; -- also called washboard (in England), mopboard, and scrubboard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A line of boarding around the interior walls of a room, next to the floor.
- n. In photography, the foundation of the camera, which carries the lens, front, bellows, and back.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a molding covering the joint formed by a wall and the floor
base + board (Wiktionary)