American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A deep bass singing voice.
- n. A singer who has such a voice.
- n. alternative spelling of basso profondo.
- n. a very deep bass voice
- Italian : basso, bass + profondo, deep. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“There was a sharp crack, an almost infinitesimal pause, and then a basso profundo roar.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘basso profundo’.
If you're looking for long s examples, see here.
I'm wading through Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin novels one by one, and someday, I'll wade through them again and list all the words I learned while reading them.
Edit: I started ma...
Italian jargon for sound notation and astronomy stuff.
Looking for tweets for basso profundo.