from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Chiefly British Variant of balk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of balk.
- n. In billiards, the area of the table lying behind the line from which the cue ball is initially shot, and from which a ball in hand must be played.
- v. Alternative spelling of balk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See balk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- v. refuse to comply
- n. the area on a billiard table behind the balkline
- n. one of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof
See balk (Wiktionary)