from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the earliest European settlers of the eventual colony of British Honduras, modern day Belize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. In the United States navy, a sick-bay nurse; -- now officially designated as hospital apprentice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who lives on a bay, or who fishes, shoots, or pursues his occupation in or on a bay.
- n. Specifically, in British Honduras, a mahogany-cutter of the coast.
- n. A sick-bay attendant; a nurse for sick or wounded men on a vessel of war.
Sorry, no etymologies found.