from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dinner party given to the employees of a firm.
- n. Any similar social occasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. (British) an annual dinner party given by an employer for the employees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A feast given by an employer to those whom he employs.
- n. A social festival originally observed in France, and afterward in Germany and England, on the evening before Twelfth day, or, as the Germans call it, Three Kings' day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an annual dinner party given by an employer for the employees
Sorry, no etymologies found.