from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rough, tight hug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any especially large, tight or enthusiastic hug, usually friendly and especially between men
- n. in business, a hostile takeover effort in which one firm offers to buy the other firm at a share price too high to refuse
- n. in wrestling, a hold with the arms around the opponent
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a takeover bid so attractive that the directors of the target company must approve it or risk shareholder protest
- n. a wrestling hold with arms locked tightly around the opponent
Sorry, no etymologies found.