from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various perennial plants of the genus Uvularia in the lily family, native to eastern North America and having solitary, nodding, yellow bell-shaped flowers. Also called merry-bells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several perennial plants, of the genus Uvularia, that have yellow, bell-shaped flowers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of plants (Uvularia) with yellowish bell-shaped flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A. general name for plants of the natural order Campanulaceæ.
- n. In the United States, a common name for species of the genus Uvularia, spring flowers of the natural order Liliaceæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Uvularia having yellowish drooping bell-shaped flowers
bell + wort (Wiktionary)