from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cosmic explosion that marked the origin of the universe according to the big bang theory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An explosion giving rise to a universe.
- n. In project management, a project that has no staged delivery. The customer must wait, sometimes months, before seeing anything. At the end of the wait comes a "big bang".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The explosive event marking the beginning of the known universe, according to big bang theory; the beginning of time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (cosmology) the cosmic explosion that is hypothesized to have marked the origin of the universe
Sorry, no etymologies found.