from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An airplane having two pairs of wings fixed at different levels, especially one above and one below the fuselage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An airplane that has two pairs of wings, one above the other
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An aëroplane with two main supporting surfaces one above the other.
- adj. Having, or consisting of, two superposed planes, aërocurves, or the like; of or pertaining to a biplane.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mathematics, the pair of coincident planes to which the tangent cone of a node reduces, when that node is a binode.
- n. A flying- or a gliding-machine in which two principal superposed aëroplane surfaces are depended upon to sustain the machine in the air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. old fashioned airplane; has two wings one above the other
Sorry, no etymologies found.