from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See air-cushion vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vehicle supported on a cushion of air, able to traverse many different types of terrain and travel over water, used for transport.
- n. Plural form of hovercraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vehicle that rides over water or land supported by the pressure of a stream of air generated by downward-thrusting fans, and is propelled forward by an air propeller; also called ACV and air-cushioned vehicle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a craft capable of moving over water or land on a cushion of air created by jet engines
hover + -craft (Wiktionary)