American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A signed check with no amount to be paid filled in.
- n. Total freedom of action; carte blanche.
- n. US A signed check of the type used to draw money from a bank account containing no information as to the amount to be paid with it.
- n. US A grant of complete authority to spend an unlimited amount of money, or to take other actions without restraint.
- n. a check that has been signed but with the amount payable left blank
- n. freedom to do as you see fit
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blank check’.
Two-word phrases composed of five-letter words. There are a couple with three words (great white shark), but I stuck those on Triads 3.
Some of the catchwords of several presidential debates (Obama-Romney 2012 Denver debate's transcript fully included)
Trendy, funny or highly descriptive collocations
overstep the mark, open a big can of..., bad hair day, the icing on the ..., low-hanging fruit, ripple effect, big cheese, tackle an issue h..., root-and-branch r..., throw good money ..., open Pandora's box, place on the back... and 147 more...
short (mostly two-word) collocations, pat phrases, idioms &c. that I like
Looking for tweets for blank check.