from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Embryology The opening of the archenteron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The opening into the archenteron.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The pore or opening leading into the cavity of invagination, or archenteron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In embryology, the aperture of invagination of a blastula or vesicular morula which has become a gastrula; the orifice of an archenteron; the primitive combined mouth and anus of a gastræa-form; an archæostoma. See cut under gastrulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the opening into the archenteron
blasto- + pore2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)