from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who is related to another by birth rather than by marriage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relation through birth, as opposed to marriage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one connected by blood or descent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One related by blood or descent; a kinsman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one related by blood or origin; especially on sharing an ancestor with another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.