from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A puritanical person: "Bluenoses demand restraint against the porn and violence that are the staple of popular culture” ( Charles Krauthammer).
- n. Canadian A native or inhabitant of Nova Scotia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A prude
- n. A person from Nova Scotia, Canada.
- n. A follower of Everton Football Club
- n. A follower of Birmingham City Football Club
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A nickname for a Nova Scotian; also, a Nova Scotian ship (called also Blue"nos`er (�)); a Nova Scotian potato, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Nova Scotia: a colloquial designation, in allusion either to the hue given to the noses of its inhabitants by its severe winter, or to a kind of potato so named which is largely produced there.
- n. A Nova Scotian vessel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Nova Scotia
blue + nose (Wiktionary)