from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The water in which a smith would quench items heated in a forge.
- n. A four wheeled handcart used for transporting goods. Also a home made go-cart.
- adj. insane or off the rails
- v. To do a clumsy or inelegant job, usually as a temporary repair; patch up; repair, mend
- v. To work green wood using traditional country methods; to perform the craft of a bodger.
- n. A clumsy or inelegant job, usually a temporary repair; a patch, a repair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A botch; a patch.
- intransitive v. See budge.
- transitive v. To botch; to mend clumsily; to patch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To boggle; botch; patch.
- To budge; give way: used only in the passage cited.
- n. A botch; a patch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a mess of, destroy or ruin
This "bodge" seems to have helped the BlogVoices slowdown.
My personal work around, although I hate this kind of bodge, is to create a string of length >
The steel is forged, milled of the superfulous, tempered & polished then you have something fine, though there is a lot of ways to totally bodge the process on the way.
Personally I trust myself above a whole army of 'professionals' who'll bodge a job, charge a fortune, then leave me to the consequences - and I speak from bitter experience.
If you're interested in feedback, you could look at lower-overhead ways of letting people rate or share posts - addthis is easy to add to blogger (which reminds me I should sort out the bodge job I've done on this blog) as a prompt for people to share, save or discuss your posts.
Greece, whose bodge-job finances triggered the crisis, might well be forced to negotiate an exit from the euro.
There were plenty of crises in Late Roman Britain that could have provided the context for a rushed repair, or for the army to have been stretched very thin and needing to bodge up a repair with any semi-skilled or unskilled labour they had to hand.
Overriding the brakes on the trailer will also be tricky, but I reckon I can bodge something.
So assuming they hire professionals which they dont as it happens, you'd have to make a real effort to bodge this job.
The only elastic I had was really thick and I had to nick some aplix off an old holey Tots Bots wrap so it was a bit of a bodge job but hey, here it is ....
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.