from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sophisticated manner or style.
- n. The proper thing to do.
- n. High society.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The height of fashion; fashionable society.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The height of the fashion; fashionable society.
- n. See in the Vocabulary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The style of persons in high life; good breeding.
- n. Polite or fashionable society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fashionable elite
French : bon, good + ton, tone.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French, good tone, manner. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.