from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A style of blues piano playing characterized by an up-tempo rhythm, a repeated melodic pattern in the bass, and a series of improvised variations in the treble.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a style of blues piano music
- n. a style of swing dance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an instrumental version of the blues (especially for piano).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrumental version of the blues (especially for piano)
Possibly from Black West African English (Sierra Leone) bogi(-bogi), to dance; possibly akin to Hausa buga, to beat drums.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)